15 December 2016
Yesterday's post encouraged all interested parties to submit an abstract to the Graphic Justice theme at the upcoming SLSA 2017 conference. To find out more about the theme, please follow this link to see a handy poster produced by Thom for last year's conference explaining what Graphic Justice is all about:
14 December 2016
The CFP for the 'Graphic Justice' stream at the 2017 SLSA conference is now live and will close at 6pm on Monday 16th January 2017.
This stream invites submissions exploring the intersections of law and justice with comics, graphic fiction, and related visual media.
To submit an abstract please go here: http://www.slsa2017.com/graphic-justice.
As Thom teased back in September, the secret GJRA-cave has been going through something of a makeover recently. Now that the menacing academic super-villian known only as 'Marking' has been vanquished, I would like to resolve this cliffhanger and present the new GJRA Governance Committee:
- Lists Officer: Thomas Giddens (St Mary's University, Twickenham)
- Web Officer (Social Media): Ashley Pearson (Griffith University)
- Web Officer (Blog): David Yuratich (Royal Holloway, University of London)
- Grid Officer: Thomas Giddens
- Events Officers: Golnar Nabizadeh (University of Western Australia) and Mitch Travis (University of Leeds)
- Memo Officers: Simon Russell (boinggraphics.co.uk) and Dale Mitchell (Griffith University)
In the coming weeks, we will be updating the site with short bios of each officer. I hope to bring you some short posts about everyone's work, in addition to continuing our the GJRA's solemn quest to interrogate the intersections between comics and related media, law, justice, and much more.
Would you like to write for this blog?
If you are interested in contributing anything to this blog within the GJRA's wide, and indeed widening, purview, please do not hesitate to get in touch. The best way is to contact the @LexComica twitter account, or alternatively my contact details are to be found halfway down the page here.